Thursday, June 3, 2010

Babies and more!


The BH (Better Half) and I are trying quite hard literally to have a baby... and what does it do to our collective psyches to see adorable new borns being carried around by their parents...oooh that just is salt in our well...ummm for lack of a better word... wounds....

Being the official child bearer in the duo that is US, I receive those endless nudges, ladles of ghee each night, tips and nuskhas from the oldies, the whole melodrama about how we can't afford a child's education in a year or two, how I am 28 and definitely pushing my luck by not becoming a mother now, how I should cheat the BH and not use them pills, suggestive tummy rubs and adorable baby clothes that someone couldn't resist buying...come on your child is 10 and wouldn't fit into it! I know what you were trying to do... ok ok... enough already...

But what happens to two grown up adults who have a good life and jobs that pay quite well, when they see a beautiful, beautiful baby?

Well... the BH and I turn into pure scheming wannabe kidnappers, who want nothing more than making her our own right here, right now....

Say a little prayer for me ....

No comments:

Post a Comment