Friday, May 8, 2009

The weekend is here!!!


Friday is here and well :)

Hubby dearest is on his way right now with his friends on a trip to Masinagudi. I've this room all to myself, a laptop all to myself, Shantaram all to myself and yeah peace of mind! I will miss him alright, but I won't miss the weekend fights that happen on a alarmingly regular basis.

Work was good today, quite boring in terms of client replies, so a colleague and I just chatted and orkuted the day away. Make no mistake, I did work, but not enough to cover the entire day's quota. What is it with Fridays and goofing off? We'd an amazing team lunch, punctuated with some silly attempts at humor by my manager. We stood around contemplating a bridal shower and two baby showers for next weekend, but unfortunately not all the girls will be there. Nothing came out of it eventually and around 2.00 pm we dragged ourselves into the Big B's cabin. He looked pretty darned cute in his glasses. He's the brilliant man-sexy looking-tall-dark-handsome-brain and brawn-ideal married man! Yeah he's married! Gawd I need to stop letching but anyways coming back to reality, this is the same guy who told me I'd sucked at my job these past 6 months and was doing me a favour by giving me a raise! He obviously had eyes and all that for just my manager who is his pet (some of us evil and idle minds think they are having an affair, the way they behave around each other. The others and I just exchanged know all glances and nodded in appropriate places :) nothing much else we can do.

There was something mixed in the tea this evening, K, me and the guys we are pally with in the operations team were on group chat, kicking some mean ass all over the place. I can't match someone talking but if it's on paper or skype I can really whip some mean kick ass stuff. We kept our rebuttals going until 6.30, when being the good daughter-in-law that I am needed to head home. The gang wanted to go out for old times sake, pour our hearts out over some beer, but I had to go. 6.30 in my MIL's book is late! I reached home at 8.00. Not a word out of her....why you ask? Because last weekend, I wasn't allowed to go on a 3 day team outing, while her son gets to go. I was obviously seething with anger and hubby knew it as did she. It is so unfair! just because her family doesn't have working and independent girls, I am supposed to follow all they do! I am planning on going on that Leh trip my office gang is planning. Different story its about 40k per person for just 7 days. Hopefully it will materialize. Office trips have always been fun, I miss going on them :(

Happy note to self: You are going to mom's house tomorrow, you will see your wedding pictures finally, you will feel like a princess courtesy mom and you will well just relax, enjoy and really, really feel at home :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the indian-ness showz. Hubby is allowed to do stuff but wifey is not - for the same thing.

    Tell u wot - first of all - Congratulations on your marriage. ;-)
    2nd - Lemme tell u the 2 most important things in marriage that work big time.
    Ego - out, communication - in. Yep.

    Lose the ego (aft all they r supposed to be your extended family). Communicate clearly with your hubby, mil, fil, sundry on the hows and whys. Especially ur hubby. With him - use these cutting and honest words..like...."Im going to the trip because of blah blah reasons NOT to have an affair. Trust Me !!"

    Why this works? CUz u got the fear of ur hub, mil etc out in the open. U spoke the WORD that had it's presence but was invisibile. See?

    Oh and keep the trust. Lol.

    Sorry, din wanna write all this. U made me. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. u guys need to sit and talk...not just about the trip but about all the work that u are doing and the way ur feeling right now.... if you don't say anything now... u'll just make things worse for urself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thanks you guys, I am trying real hard to communicate. It is a bit hard since my inlaws are very old fashioned and we don't speak the same language. I don't know their language and they don't know mine. Hubby dearest, well he's a darling for most part of it, in patches - the non-understanding typical Indian husband. I've tried talking to him, but sometimes it just doesn't work. Anand :) You hit the nail on the head.. we'd ego problems for a long time into our relationship. With the wedding, I learnt to let go and communicate rather than brood in my corner. I will try harder to make things work :) Thanks for the advise guys :)

    ReplyDelete