Thursday, July 1, 2010

My dear darling husband is such a baby...


He threw such a fit yesterday when I deemed it wrong that he take more than just a lick of my delicious butter scotch, chocolate and nut ice cream, given his sugar levels. I allowed him a shot at mango and vanilla that wasn't that sweet, but put my foot down for this. He was upset as he's the last one to compromise on the quality and taste of food. I felt bad and resigned myself to reading Breaking Dawn in our room, while he lounged around watching movie after movie in the living room, until well past 2.00 am. If I gave in this one time, I knew there would be a repeat as we have similar taste in food. But what would happen if he were with a friend and wanted a bite of chocolate cake or something and I can't stop him? How much can I curb his intake? I don't know but I am fighting this as much as he is. It is painful to watch him take those insulin shots. His body has had more injections going in to it these past 4 weeks than it has had in his entire 27 years of walking this earth.

My baby faced husband is at war and he has me covering his back. But help me God if he wants a bite out of my snack or anothers especially if its forbidden! I will kick some mean ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment